What if I Already Have an Oil Vial on my keychain?
Frequently Asked Question: What if I Already Have an Oil Vial on my keychain?
The first question we usually get about Oil Vaults is whether it comes already consecrated (the answer is no - see the FAQs section). If the people asking the question are priesthood holders, the next thing they do is reach into their pockets and pull out their keys to show us their oil vials on their keychains. We know there are oil vial keychains out there and we think they are awesome! Keychain oil vials have been around for a long time and are a great way to carry consecrated oil. Several of us still have one on our keychains (not to name names).
So if oil vial keychains are out there why would anyone get an Oil Vault?
Well here are a few reasons:
1) You don't always have your keys on you!
- Oil Vial keychains can be great, if you have your keys on you. But what about when you don't have your keys with you? We aren't looking to replace Oil Vial keychains but rather further help people be prepared whatever the circumstance.
- Vacations, camping, hiking, traveling, carpooling... are just a few times when you don't have your keys with you.
1.2) Most Missionaries Don't Drive Cars
- We love missionaries! How great is it that they go out and serve others for 1 & 1/2 - 2 years! Many missionaries don't have cars and don't carry around keychains. We want to provide an option where they can still carry oil to perform blessings.
2) Oil Vial Keychains can break and leak
- Maybe we are the only ones, but several of us have had the keychain oil vials leak or have the seal break and the oil go bad. Even worse is when the oil vial unscrews from your keychain and disappears to who knows where. This isn't a problem with Oil Vaults. They are puncture resistant so they don't leak (unless you tear them open or stab them with a knife) and they don't disappear.
3) Oil Vaults can go anywhere
- Smartphone holders & cases
- Emergency Preparedness Packs
- Food Storage
- Glove Boxes
- First Aid Kits
- And the list goes on and on. You can have a few Oil Vaults stored in these places and then have them ready to use when the time comes.
These are just a few of the reasons we love Oil Vaults and we hope you will to. Got any other reasons? Please share! Email us at email@example.com and if your reason(s) is original we'll send you a free 10 pack of Oil Vaults or donate one to a mission of your choice (it is up to you).
Don't just take our word for it.
Here is an experience from one of our customers:
"Hey. ..I'm down in mesquite at my daughters soccer tournament